Our Book Lovers
Twenty dollars annually gets you a book-lovers’ membership and a new book by one of our author members. Then you can
- drop in on THIS Book-bombings
- hobnob with published authors
- access book giveaways and discounts
- publish your book reviews online and in the newsletter
- get an early peek at advance reading copies (ARCs)
- judge competitions
- participate in events like cold-reading of plays, poetry slams, book launches, word festivals, and arts events
- volunteer at events you want to see anyway
- help authors find reviewers, blurbs and experts
- contribute to Powell River’s arts culture
- excite others about books and learning
- develop your own writer’s platform and contacts
If you have published an e-book or trade paperback 60 pages of text or more, non-fiction or fiction, poetry, and drama, you are a published author. For annual author’s membership, pay twenty dollars and at least one hard copy of your latest book. If you’re one of the many broke writers, you can arrange to substitute books for money. (Your books go into the pool for selection by book-lover members.) Your perks:
- a page on The Pearl site or a link to your own page(s)
- help finding beta-readers, blurbers, reviewers
- help with your book launch or event
- access to editors, publishing resources and audio-book resources
- publicity via The Pearl’s events and activities
- potential book sales through The Pearl’s events
- professional e-book conversion at low rates
- access to professional trade-paperback printing at advantageous prices
- publication of your reviews of others’ books
- space for your short pieces in The Pearl Review
- opportunities to judge competitions
Our Friends in Publishing
Our member publishers are independent coaches, editors, printers, designers, illustrators, layout artists, distributors, publicists, agents, marketers, book shepherds, e-book-conversion experts, website designers and webmasters, filmmakers , paper suppliers, audiobook publishers and anyone interested in serving authors’ needs. For $20 annually, they get exposure to The Pearl’s readers and members.
Membership comes with a listing and a link to the member’s own page. Ads can be purchased to go with the listing. Ad space in The Pearl Review will be restricted to members.
Full-spectrum author-services companies (like Trafford and Author Solutions) are not eligible for membership.
Our Friends in the Arts
Arts groups can affiliate themselves with The Pearl for $20 annually or mutual membership for The Pearl. Membership entitles the group to free notices of events in The Pearl’s newsletter, plus ads for a nominal sum. As membership in The Pearl grows, the newsletter will be a great place to announce arts events, print casting calls, post a review, and so on.
To apply for membership, please send an email with your name, contact info, and which membership level you'd like to our co-founder, Eva van Loon, at mettalaw [AT] gmail [DOT] com. Put "Pearl Review Membership Application" in your subject line.